Deep tissue massage
Massage is wonderful. Important and well deserved. It should not be a luxury enjoyed only when we start to experience aches and pains. Benefits of massage are well documented and there is overwhelming evidence of massage helping to restore health and well-being.
Deep tissue massage is a form of a treatment that focuses on releasing the restrictions of the deeper muscles, tendons and ligaments of the body. It uses techniques to work below superficial connective tissue with the intent of breaking up old structural patterns, and allowing the free flow of nutrients around the body because of improved circulation.
For best results it requires the therapist to apply a considerable amount of pressure which in some cases may cause some discomfort to the client – however, we will always work within the comfort zone of the client.
Deep tissue massage also helps to free trapped nerves, oxygenate poorly circulated areas and allows the spine and joints to relax into alignment.
Emotions are often released during the session, as the body holds onto emotion in the deeper layers. The release of emotions will help the body to start the healing process.
(Contraindications -Aneurysm, unhealed fractures, acute soft tissue injuries, fever, cancer, inflammatory conditions, osteoporosis, recent scar tissue)
Indian head Massage
Indian Head Massage is a treatment which delivers energy to the top half of the body.
The benefits of this type of a massage have been known for over thousand of years. In Asian and Indian families this treatment forms part of the ritual of grooming and beauty.
Benefits of Indian Head massage
- Helps to relax muscles
- Improves circulation, especially in the area of the skull
- Stimulates hair growth
- Promotes the flow in the Meridian paths
- Helps lymphatic flow
- Can relieve headaches caused by stress, sinus problems and eyestrain
- Combats insomnia
- Improves concentration, promotes clearer thinking
Most of us are on our feet all day, putting a lot of stress on them.
Reflexology is a method for activating the healing powers of the body. It derives from a long established principle that energy zones run throughout the body and reflex areas in the feet correspond to all the major organs, glands and body parts.
Benefits of Reflexology:
- Reduces stress and induces deep relaxation
- Improves circulation
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- Balances the whole system
- Stimulates creativity and productivity
- Is preventative health care
- Reflexology is important for health and well-being. People should make it part of their lives, as it enhances balance, relaxation and moments of reflection. This in turn brings serenity to get in touch with their deeper self and experience peace and well-being.
REI = Higher Power
KI = Life force Energy
Reiki is a natural healing system, very simple and safe method of laying hands on the human body. It is known to be effective in helping virtually every known malady, creating a beneficial effect, and promoting recovery.
Reiki has been known and used for thousands of years. It compliments all other treatments, as it allows the body energy to flow naturally.
The treatment harmonises the body on both physical and mental level. This energy comes to us from Universe and it is up to us to learn and use it. Receiver of Reiki energy is given a gift that forever changes their life in every positive way.
Seated Acupressure Massage
This is a gentle and non invasive treatment.
It is a meridian based therapy in which pressure is used over many of the acupressure points in the 12 major meridians accessible on the back, arms, neck, head and legs. This helps to promote the flow of energy throughout the body, stimulating the circulatory, muscular, nervous, immune and lymphatic systems. During the treatment 60 acupressure points are stimulated, stretches and joint mobilisations carried out. The muscles are relaxed, blood circulation increases and feeling of well being promoted.
After this treatment you will feel relaxed, yet energised, your mind able to focus better on the tasks ahead.
Seated Acupressure massage can help to relieve:
- repetitive strain injury
- eye strain
- sinus problems
- period pain
- insomnia and irritability
- helps to stimulate lymphatic drainage
- helps to boost the immune system
Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Are you feeling tired, low on energy, constantly “under the weather”?
- Manual Lymphatic drainage will benefit you if you are susceptible to frequent illnesses, have depressed immune system, injuries, emotional stress and low energy.
- This type of massage uses very light pressure and gentle rhythmic strokes to stimulate and increase the flow of the lymph, therefore enhancing the immune system. Lymphatic vessels carry substances vital to the defence of the body and remove waste products. Lymph is the key to your immune system working properly, so improving the flow and drainage has many benefits.
- It can improve many chronic conditions, sinusitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraines.
- Mainly it relieves fluid congestion, swollen ankles and legs, tired puffy eyes.
- It is a very effective part of the treatment of lymphoedema (which can occur after cancer treatment)
- It is recommended as a complimentary treatment for pre and post operative cases, in particular where lymph nodes have been removed
- It promotes healing of wounds and burns
- It can improve the appearance of old scars, and reduce stretch marks
- It is recommended for people who lead a sedentary lifestyle
- Highly recommended before and after a long-haul flight
It is a super relaxing treatment, during the session you will be so at ease you may fall asleep.
Please seek advice from your GP if you are affected by Diabetes, Low blood pressure, Thyroid problems, Kidney problems, Epilepsy, Removal of spleen, Organ transplants, Joint replacement, or have breast implants
Shiatsu is a physical approach to health and wellbeing. Originating in Japan, practitioners work on supporting and strengthening the body’s natural ability to heal and balance itself.
A contemporary bodywork therapy, Shiatsu works on all the different energetic levels of your body: physical, emotional and spiritual. Shiatsu is about living your potential and opening your mind to the possibilities available to you.
Shiatsu touch is simple and profound, bringing awareness to all parts of the body. It induces deep relaxation in which mind and body both find healing.
These days many people are hovering between the healthy and sick. There is no positive way of helping them until they become ill in the western sense. With Shiatsu, TCM and other oriental approaches, we can immediately begin treatment to these half-healthy people, before their symptoms develop into a concrete disease that can be categorised. Shiatsu can help to guide people to the goal of health, and that is why I consider it an important health care method that can not only treat but mainly prevent disease.
Clients’ feedback provides evidence of the many benefits their sessions have provided. ‘Ludmila identifies problem areas before I have noticed them properly. She observes my body language and accurately pinpoints areas of tension, clenched muscles and tight shoulders. Then she proceeds to iron out these problems before they can cause lasting damage on my skeletal frame. Aside from the physicality of the treatments she encourages a nourishing enjoyment of food. She makes me feel more balanced more positive and better able to cope with whatever life throws at me.’
Shiatsu treatments are given with the client fully clothed, and lying on a futon, massage table or seated. It involves gentle pressure applied by the thumbs and palms, rotations, movement and comfortable stretches.
Esperanza Holistics’ Signature Treatment
A bliss lasting for two hours, the most relaxing and rejuvenating treatment on offer.
After finding the most comfortable position on the warm massage couch, you will receive a reflexology session or a foot massage, followed by deep tissue massage of your lower limbs. Moving on to upper limbs, the treatment will continue with gentle but firming massage targeting acupressure points, and gentle stretching.
Face and head massage incorporates the moves from the Indian Head Massage treatment. Using a Kansa facial wand will soften lines, brighten the skin and relieve eye strain. It will prepare your skin for a better absorption of a specially blended rose oil, your skin will glow long after this treatment.
Readjusting your position on our extremely comfortable massage couch will allow you to enjoy a deep tissue back massage, following the pattern of your breath. The firm yet relaxing strokes of the massage pattern will promote the replenishment of your energy levels, as more invigorating moves will be incorporated towards the end of the treatment. Full body compressions and deep breathing will allow you to return to a more awake and conscious state of being. The session will finish by gentle “grounding ” of your feet, to allow your body to complete a full circle of the Esperanza nurturing touch.
A short rest, a warm drink served in a fine china cup, and after treatment advice will be provided.