Delicious and very nourishing tomato sauce. Not even the fussiest of eaters will refuse this, just do not mention the fact there is lots of goodness hidden in the comforting reddish colour of this masterpiece….
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large courgette – chopped
- 2-3 red peppers, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large leek chopped
- 3 stems of celery chopped
- 3 tins of chopped tomatoes or passata
- tin of baked beans
- salt, pepper, 1 sp of Turmeric, 1 sp of paprika, pinch of carraway seeds, pinch of brown sugar
- spoonful of butter or olive oil for the vegan version
- Roast the peppers in the little oil
- Add the rest of the vegetable and cover the pan, let it stew for at least 20 min or until the vegetables soften
- Add the chopped tomatoes or passata and bring to boil, then turn it right down. Add the baked beans, spices, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir well and simmer for another 8 min.
- Let it cool down and blend together. Serve with pasta, garnish with basil.
Will freeze well, if there is any left…..